Here at Exeter Engineering we cater for all forms of vehicle restoration, whether it be a classic or vintage car, a classic or vintage motorcycle, or simply a single component or subassembly. Using our wealth of engineering experience we can take care of your restoration project from beginning-to-end. This, combined with our extensive in-house facilities and a network of specially chosen service providers enables us to produce outstanding restorations, and ensure that every little detail of your pride and joy receives the attention it requires. This allows you to relax, and enjoy each step of the restoration, knowing that everything is taken good care of and being carefully overseen by ourselves.
1. Disassembly of the vehicle into major components – down to a bare shell/chassis
2. Disassembly of sub-assemblies such as the engine, gearbox and differential.
3. A thorough survey is then carried out to ascertain the work required.
4. A tailored project plan is created to provide pricing and timescale estimates, and work begins on engine and mechanical component rebuilds, alongside shell/chassis repairs and preparation.
5. We make sure that the correct specialists are appointed to carry out work required such as bodywork painting, chroming, upholstery, wire wheel rebuilds etc.
6. Once all parts are rebuilt, refinished and detailed, the body shell has been painted and rust-proofed, work begins on re-assembly.
7. The finished vehicle, much like a new one, goes through setting up, running in, fine tuning and full safety checks including an MOT where necessary.
8. Finally, the vehicle goes through a comprehensive road test to ensure that the finished product arrives to you in perfect order, ready to drive away and enjoy. During the process, we will ensure that you are kept up to speed with the progress of your project, and invite you to get involved with all those crucial decisions to guarantee the vehicle is completed to perfection and exactly how you envisaged.
All of our full restorations include a complete rebuild of all mechanical components, and in all cases our projects leave us in either the same, or better condition than they ever would have left the factory! By the end of the project, you will have a vehicle finished to the highest of standards, complete with a photo album of the process, a folder containing all the details of the restoration and one of our service booklets to complement the warranty. These additions are not only of interest to the owner but aid in documenting the history of the vehicle and help improve its value.
We provide full ongoing support and servicing for all of our customers, to ensure your classic stays in great condition for years to come.